Social Media Editor
The IPF empowers the next generation of journalists to tell the stories that they think should make it onto the news agenda.
With more than 300 contributors from over 50 countries around the world, we provide a platform for young people to shine a light on the voices behind the headlines. We work with our contributors to help them effectively tell stories from their countries by giving them the tools they need to flourish as journalists and storytellers.
Our Social Media Editor is responsible for the IPF’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, including posting IPF articles, posting updates about IPF, and monitoring and (where relevant) responding to messages from readers. Working hours are flexible and can be tailored around your schedule, with all work being done remotely.
There is no set list of requirements for this position, however, those with a prior knowledge of social media tools will be given priority.
Please note that this is a voluntary role and that all IPF team members work on a voluntary basis.
- Daily scheduling of posts for Twitter and Facebook (using tools such as TweetDeck or HootSuite)
- Monitoring of messages coming into our Twitter and Facebook pages
- Posting updates about IPF activities
- Developing IPF’s presence on social media channels such as Instagram and Pinterest
- Working with the section editors to create innovative social media campaigns
- Working with our Managing Editor on expanding our social media reach
HOW TO APPLY: Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating when you are available to start. We are looking to fill this role ASAP.